Speedy Rash Treatment for Walk-In Patients of All Ages in St. Clair Shores, MI
The sight of red bumps spreading across your skin can be alarming. Naturally, you want to know right away whether that rash is a minor skin condition that will go away in a day or so or a sign of something more serious that requires medical treatment. If you’re in the St. Clair Shores, Michigan, area, you can walk right into Springfield Urgent Care and consult with a highly qualified medical practitioner any day of the week.
We’re open during extended hours, even on weekends, and we diagnose and treat non-emergency rash conditions affecting infants, children, and adults. We don’t require appointments, but you’re welcome to use our online “Reserve My Spot” tool if you wish.
Common Skin Rash Causes
The best approach to treating any type of rash is to find out what’s causing it. There’s a long list of possibilities, but some of the most common are:
- Eczema – a genetic condition that can flare up from time to time
- Heat rash or prickly heat – a skin reaction to hot, moist conditions
- Allergies – itchy skin rashes caused by touching poison ivy or by exposure to irritants in soap or detergent
- Impetigo – a bacterial infection that’s common in children
- Contagious infections – such as chickenpox, measles, roseola, rubella, and other illnesses
- Shingles – a painful condition caused by the chickenpox virus
When to Seek Medical Treatment for a Rash
Many rashes are so itchy that it can be hard to resist scratching them, especially for children. However, scratching a rash may cause infection, which can become serious. It’s often a good idea to seek urgent care for a rash as soon as it appears. You’ll definitely want to visit us if your rash is accompanied by a fever, covers a large area of your body, includes oozing blisters, or looks like a bruise.
You should call 911 or head to the emergency room if your rash is accompanied by breathing or swallowing problems.
For more information about the rash treatment available at Springfield Urgent Care in St. Clair Shores, contact us today or simply stop by our walk-in clinic.